These burgers are great for a quick, nutritious and tasty midweek dinner for all the family.
Combine them with some homemade sweet potato fries and a leafy green salad. They can be made in advance and left in the fridge overnight or you can whip them straight up when you get in from work and they will be ready in no time at all.
What you will need
- 80g hemp hearts
- 170g pumpkin seeds
- 1 small fresh beetroot
- 1tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
Follow these simple steps to make them:
- Mill the pumpkin seeds in a food processor or pestle & mortar (or better yet buy them milled!)
- Next finely grate the beetroot.
- Then put all ingredients into a food processor and process, just for a moment, to combine everything together. Don’t over blend as these burgers are tastier with a bit of texture to them.
- Shape the mixture into burger patties.
- Fry them on a pan using a little bit of coconut oil or bake them in the oven for 15-20 min at 180 C.